Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Just For Fun's® Color Challenge #14

Kat choose today's challenge, she would like us to use a monochromatic color combination.
So I decided to get out the Ranger Alcohol Inks and see what I could come up with. First, I choose to use the color blue. So out came all the blue alcohol inks. I decided to use "sail boat blue" and "stonewash". Next, you will need a can of air. Dropping the ink colors onto glossy cardstock and then spray the air at the droplets to push the colors around. Keep repeating this until you like what you see.

I thought the Broken Mosiac Background H3089 would look nice stamped over the alcohol ink background. So keeping with the color challenge I used Adirondack Denim ink pad.

Stamp Happy Birthday B2900 with Denim ink and layer on blue cardstock. I tied two different colors of blue ribbon around the card.
So what do you think?
Don't forget to visit the rest of the team. I Wonder what color each of them will use.
Visit Just For Fun Blog and join in all the fun. What color will you use? A winner will be chosen and will receive 25% off of purchase at Just For Fun web site.



Supplies:
Stamps: Just For Fun Broken Mosiac H3089, Happy Birthday B2900
Accessories: Range Alcohol inks, Adirondack Denim ink pad, can of air, ribbons, glossy cardstock

6 comments:

  1. Sandy, so appealing! Just love your shades of blue. Excellent card...and the stamp is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, oh, WOW, Sandy!! What a fabulous background! That Mosaic worked perfectly over the air-sprayed blues! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE the mosaic background!!! Your card is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a fabulous background technique and I love that background stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card is wonderful love the mosaic background

    ReplyDelete
  6. The mosaic is PERFECT with this technique (which, I have yet to try!!)

    ReplyDelete